HomeShare And Individual Living OptionsLooking to share your home and gain extra support or at-home companionship at the same time? Or are you looking for a no-rent or low-rent housing option and be willing to offer some in-home support or companionship to your housemate? We match householders – generally people with disability or older Canberrans – with home-sharers to provide some assistance with daily living (up to 20 hours per week). Home-sharers are not required to provide personal care, health care or administer medication.
How It Works
We can help meet people’s housing and support needs with:
- NDIS Individual Living Options (ILO) co-residency (where funded in an eligible NDIS participant’s plan)
- HomeShare for non-NDIS participants, with or without disability, who live in the ACT
Community Connections seeks householders who may have a spare room and could benefit from a supporting housemate.
HomeShare will work with potential householders to create a partnership with a home-sharer who matches your individual needs. We will:
- help householders to find the right home-sharer for you
- introduce potential home-sharing partners to each other to decide of the partnership is the ‘right fit’
- undertake police checks of the potential home-sharer at no cost to either partner
- establish an agreement between the parties
- provide ongoing support and monitoring of the arrangement
- assist householders to find new home-sharers when any partnership comes to an end
Contact us if you are interested in HomeShare support or NDIS ILO co-residency.