Flexible Family SupportCommunity Connections offers a small grants program to families with a member who has a disability or may be older and require support. Flexible family support aims to improve the quality of life for all family members.
Through flexible family support grants, we aim to:
- strengthen or maintain relationships within families so they stay together and contribute to our community
- improve the overall quality of life for the family
- build family capacity to achieve the best forms of assistance to meet their needs
What support is available
Flexible family support may be able to help your family to:
- get personalised, expert guidance from a skilled and experienced support coordinator
- navigate complex service systems
- complete forms
- manage meetings or negotiations with support providers
- access small grants to purchase essential services, goods or equipment
The grants are intended to provide small-scale, short-term assistance – that cannot be funded any other way – to families:
- going through transitions
- to get interim support
- to get new supports for the future
- to purchase goods, equipment or services
Flexible family support grants cannot be used to provide supports already funded by other service systems (such as the NDIS, or mainstream health, education, and housing programs).
To check your eligibility for a grant, contact us.
Flexible family support funding is generously provided to Community Connections by ACT Health.
Contact us so we can assess your eligibility.